Puppy Purchase Contract
“World Class Golden Retrievers”
Mountain View Farms LLC
Wausau, Wisconsin 54403
|Breeder (also Seller)
Full Name: Jeffrey A. Ogurek
Zip Code: 54403
City: Wausau, WI
|Purchaser (Puppy Owner)
Breed: Golden Retriever
Date of Birth:
[ ] AKC Limited Registration
[ ] AKC – Unlimited Registration
[ ] Cash
[ ] Check
[ ] Transfer
This puppy sales contract legally binds the Breeder and the Purchaser on the following conditions:
- The Buyer shall keep the dog as a household pet.
- The Buyer shall provide the dog with an adequate food, fresh water, shelter, affection, and medical care upon sickness, disease, or injury. Maintenance will include an annual health exam and routine vaccinations as recommended by a board-certified veterinarian. Humane care and maintenance in accordance with all current and future state, county, and municipal laws and ordinances where the Buyer resides. A fully fenced yard or other humane means of exercise. The dog shall not be kept chained or constantly outdoors. A collar and identification tag and/or microchip will be utilized at all times. Never permit the dog to roam unattended.
- The dog shall reside with the Buyer.
- The Buyer shall notify the Breeder immediately if the dog cannot be kept by the Buyer.
- Buyers agree not to use this animal for breeding and agree to have the puppy spayed/neutered at the age recommended by their veterinarian usually, six months to one year of age. This dog will be on limited AKC registration. This dog can be shown in obedience trials, field trials, tasks, and agility competitions as well as other training disciplines per AKC guidelines.
- The dog shall not be sold, transferred, or given to any individual or to any retail or wholesale establishment for the purpose of sale or resale to the public or to any research institution where medical experimentation or other practices take place.
- The Buyer and Breeder agree to keep each other informed of their current addresses.
- The Buyer agrees that it is the Buyer’s responsibility to accept the dog as described. The Breeder has provided and the Buyer has acknowledged a full disclosure of the health, habits, and temperament of the dog. The dog’s health records, from [name of veterinarian], will be supplied at time of purchase.
- The purchaser is strongly advised to have the puppy vet checked within three days of receiving the puppy. If the vet certifies that there is any problem which makes the puppy unfit for sale, provided the puppy is returned in the same condition as when it was sold, and within seven days, the breeder will take the puppy back and refund the full purchase price. The breeder will not pay expenses incurred in the return of a puppy nor accept any claim for distress caused by the return. The Buyer shall have 7 days from the date of this Contract to return the dog for a full refund of the purchase price at buyer’s expense.
- If at any time the buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog, the seller is to be notified and given first option of resuming full ownership of dog in order for the seller to locate the start of a new home. Refunds if any, will be at the discretion of the breeder/seller. The dog will be returned with all AKC papers and medical records. Should any circumstances arrive that affect the quality of life of this dog, the breeder/seller is to be informed so they may participate in determining the future of the dog. The breeder/seller reserves the right to approve/prohibit any transfer of this animal to a third party. Under no circumstances will the stock be sold, leased, traded, or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
- The Buyer agrees to sign the necessary papers to return the Breeder as sole owner of the dog in the event the dog is returned.
- The breeder has followed the National Breed Club Guidelines and used the Kennel Club health schemes and certification to ensure that the sire and dam are sound breeding stock. The puppies have been reared in a home environment and have been wormed as recommended by breeder’s veterinarian. The puppy is believed to be in good health.
- The breeder has inquired of the purchaser his or her past experience with dogs and with this particular dog breed and on the basis of the information received is willing to place a puppy with the purchaser. The breeder has pointed out to the purchaser the main conditions the breed is prone to and the health schemes followed to reduce the risk of such conditions. Every puppy is an individual and the breeder cannot be held responsible should conditions, genetic or otherwise, develop later in life.
- The purchaser agrees that the dog will be kept in appropriate conditions for its welfare and health. It will be fed on a suitable diet for its age and condition and have appropriate exercise. It will receive all necessary veterinary care to maintain its physical good health. The dog will be kept under appropriate control and will not be neglected or maltreated in any way. The purchaser attests that he or she has not been banned from keeping a dog or any other animal by any legal court.
Breeder’s Signature: _____________________________________
Purchaser’s Signature: ____________________________________